27 Jun College App Survival – Outwit, Out-write, and Standout!
The Common Application opens August 1, 2017 and DSU offers High School Seniors a comprehensive program to STAND OUT.
Join independent school guidance counselors and high school english teachers this summer for a 4-day workshop where students will:
- Be given an overview of the college application process, timeline, and organizational tools.
- Work both individually and in small groups to complete the Common Application.
- Receive counseling and input on developing an appropriate college list.
- Prepare their college essay for the Common Application and supplemental essays for their specific colleges.
- Complete a resume to include high school achievements, activities, work and service.
- Receive a college application guide to reference after the Survival Course
Space is limited to 20 students for each session (morning or evening).
Questions or more information? firstname.lastname@example.org
Common App Survival is offered as a 4-day course during the week of August 8th through the 11th. Students may choose to register for a morning session from 9am to 12pm, or an evening session from 6pm to 9pm.
Morning and evening sessions are non-transferable, students must attend the specific session for which they register.
The 4-day course fee is $400(choose morning or evening)
What Students should bring:
- A laptop or ipad is required
- Resume or list of accomplishments and experience during high school including co-curriculars, volunteer work and academic awards
- Unofficial copy of transcript
- List of colleges of interest
- Social Security number for Common App
- A willingness to complete homework assigned!
Sign-up at the College App Survival website. Fees are non-refundable after July 24th.