14 Jul College App Survival – Outwit, Out-write, and Standout!
The Common Application opens August 1, 2015 and DSU offers High School Seniors a comprehensive program to STAND OUT.
Join independent school guidance counselors and high school english teachers this summer for a 4-day workshop where students will:
- Be given an overview of the college application process, timeline, and organizational tools.
- Work both individually and in small groups to complete the Common Application.
- Receive counseling and input on developing an appropriate college list.
- Prepare their college essay for the Common Application and supplemental essays for their specific colleges.
- Complete a resume to include high school achievements, activities, work and service.
- Receive a college application guide to reference after the Survival Course
Space is limited to 20 students for each session (morning or evening).
Questions or more information? firstname.lastname@example.org
Common App Survival is offered as a 4-day course during the week of August 10th through the 14th. Students may choose to register for a morning session from 9am to 12pm, or an evening session from 6pm to 9pm, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Please note, Wednesday is an off day to provide more time for essay writing and editing.
Morning and evening sessions are non-transferable, students must attend the specific session for which they register.
The 4-day course fee is $375 (choose morning or evening)
What Students should bring:
- A laptop or ipad is required
- Resume or list of accomplishments and experience during high school including co-curriculars, volunteer work and academic awards
- Unofficial copy of transcript
- List of colleges of interest
- Social Security number for Common App
- A willingness to complete homework assigned!
Sign-up using our online form using our secure payment processor. Receipt of registration and payment secures your student’s spot in the course. Fees are non-refundable after July 24th.