28 Sep Food for Thought Farmers’ Market & Fair
The 2014 Food forThought Farmers’ Market and Fair took place Saturday September 27th, 2014. A free community event for all ages, the Food for Thought event was designed as a youth and family event as part of the first ever Duxbury Food & Wine Festival, the only festival event with no alcohol component. DSU was thrilled to create and offer this great community celebration for all ages getting kids and families thinking about healthy choices, shopping and supporting local growers, and eating from the source!
Special Presentations were held throughout the day including:
- Brown Boar Farm Presentation
- Chef demonstration by Martha Stone
- ‘Food & Mood’ Presentation by food and behavioral specialist Julie Schwartz 2:30pm to 3:00pm
- Goat Keeping and Milking by Beth Corbett
- Foxboro Cheese on Raw Milk
Visitors enjoyed offerings from:
- Duxbury Student Union
- Marshfield Farmers’ Market
- Beekeeping and honey with Jenny D’s Bees
- Simpson Springs
- Tucelli Chocolates
- Lovin’ Spoonfuls
- My Little Bakery
- Elements Montessori
- Sadie Mae’s Dessert Truck
- Old Harbor Catering Food Truck
- Donde Thiago Arepas
DSU put its signature youth expertise on the event with an army of teen volunteers and culinary students providing interactive experience for the kids. Young people enjoyed Henna Tatoos, Food Art Projects, Musical Performances, and Outdoor Games.
Some visitors stopped in or spent the entire afternoon enjoying the great food, weather, and presentations. Visitors enjoyed lunch and tastings by food and farmers’ market vendors specializing in a variety of fresh food selections from Duxbury and all over the South Shore. See our growing gallery of photos of this awesome event!